Siquijor Circumferential Road
Larena, Province of Siquijor
Get Directions →
Formerly known as Cano-an. Erected a parish on 14 June 1836 with the advocacy of San Vicente Ferrer, and formerly named Canoan was once part of the Siquijor parish. Redondo (1886, 189) describes the church as made of tabique and having a nipa roof, the convento was likewise thatched with nipa and made of wood. The Recollects remained until 1898 and left behind a church and convento both of which burnt and have been replaced by modern constructions. – from http://heritageconservation.wordpress.com/2006/07/27/larena-church/
The old bell tower is still standing a few distance from the modern church and is located inside a public school.