Province of Laguna
Get Directions →
Nagcarlan Church’ is a tiered-wall church created by the Franciscans. A fire destroyed the original church and it was rebuilt in 1781.
The architecture of Nagcarlan Church is Baroque. Its facade has a semicircular arched main entrance flanked by semicircular windows. Its bell has Muslim-inspired crenellations. The embellishments of the facade and the side entrances are distinctly Baroque and this impression is enhanced by the play of light and shade among the architectural details which include tall pedestals which lift the columns on the second level, fenestrations and columns of varying number and length. These details alter the church’s otherwise stolid rectangular structure. – wikipilipinas.org