Tagbilaran East Road
Jagna, Province of Bohol
Get Directions →
St. Michael the Archangel Church’s construction began by the Recollects in 1808 to 1867. It was renovated in 1968 and was partially damaged by an earthquake in 1990. It is the longest church in Bohol with 100 m. long and one of the most buttressed churches. It is located in an expansive plaza near the sea and at the back of the right tower is a pathway going to the choir loft and the upper floors of both towers.
In the church’s interior is a mural of the ciblicl scenes made by Ray Francia, located in the ceiling, a choir loft established in 1844. The bell towers have six bells. The convent, constructed by a Recollect priest was destroyed in 1874 and was replaced by the present structure housing the seminary and a school administered by the Vincentian Fathers. Presently, it houses the Colegio de Medalla Milagrosa. – wikipilipinas.org